Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CW (KY) text not sending out completely, cropped at the end

Dear all,

I have currently installed HRD v6.4.0.664, when I click on "Help" --> "About" within DM780 it says: Digital Master 780 v6.4.0.664 Alpha.

Since the beginning of my purchase HRDv6 I encountered issues when using DM780 for CW, that's why I moved to N1MM+ for operating in CW. I am connected to a Kenwood transceiver and thus I need to do CW KY mode. In DM780 under "Tools" --> "Program Options" --> "Modes" the option [Use PTT] is empty/unchecked just as the help text suggests. Of course my transceiver is configured correctly and works fine with CAT. I have created a new macro set called "CW" and within that I am using a macro called "reply with RST" with the macro set

<his:callsign> <his:sent>

Options configured for this macro are "Send immediately=YES", "Autostop=no", "Start on new line=yes", "Erase TX window". It does no matter if I choose Autostop=yes or no, or using the code <stop> at the end of my submitting text, because I use CW KY. That means the text is transferred in one complete step to the radio which then is transmitted through the radios keyer. Just wanted to mention that, this is not a possible cause related to the issue I will describe in the following...

The issue is:
    In the logbook toolbar I enter a callsign, e.g. T5ST, in Recv: and Send: field there is by default 599. Then with the left mouse button I click onto my macro button "reply with RST". DM780 generates the text "T5ST 599" and sends it through CW KY to my transceiver which then is transmitted correctly. But ... when I reclick on the button the signal report is NOT beeing sent. Only the callsign will be transmitted, then it stops. I even don't need to listen to my radio what it is transmitting, because on the DM780 window I see that only the text "T5ST" was generated. When I click again on the button maybe it's still sending out only a "T5ST". On the next click maybe it's send out correctly/completely "T5ST 599". There is no certain sequence to reproduce this, every click will randomly send out the complete text or only the callsign. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It happens on all callsigns and on all signal reports. I tested a lot and also I tested other transceivers which I need to operate through "CW KY" mode. It has no effect, the issue exists on all transceivers I tested (Kenwood).

But I went further and tried to change the macro, use other macro, other text, etc... the issue seems to have its root not only in macros. Even when I enter a "free text" within DM780 window like "s0me 599" and then push F2 or F1 to transmit it, the same issue happens. Sometimes the text fully is sent out, sometimes only the callsign. And in some rare situations an "empty" text is generated by DM780, nothing is sent. I am also trying to use F1 button (=Send) instead of F2 (=Auto), therefore I have to add <stop> to the text window like that
    S0ME 579<stop>
    but the issue still exists.

I am not sure if the issue I describe here is related with a bug report in the past (click HERE) or not. But I am really looking forward into assistance and like to hear your comments.

Best 73
    Saki
    Last edited by DD5XX; 08-07-17, 10:18.

I just did read again that mentioned older forum post and it sounds like a bug. Is anything known about the status of this bug? Other people seem to have had the same experience when using CW KY. One user also moved to N1MM+ because he wasn't able to use DM780 for CW. I did the same, but it's sad to say that. I'd really like to use DM-780 to stay within my HRD suite. Any help and assistance to this bug is really appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Comment

DD5XX
      I have also noticed this. Have you tried the CW mode instead as that works fine for me? I am using a IC-7300.
      However, I have raised this in the HRD Mantis.
      John
      Icom ic-7610, SPE 1.3K-FA amp, Hex beam at 12m, Butternut HF6V, 160m vertical helical wound and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
      PC - Windows 10.
      Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Thanks for feedback and glad to hear I am not alone. I have tried quite ~EVERYTHING~ without success :(
        I definitely need CW KYmode get to work.

Anyone from HRD team can provide some more information, bugfix, workaround or any kind of assistance? thanks in advance.

Comment

We shall have to be a little patient until the programmers can get around to taking a look at the problem.
          With the speed that things are now being fixed that should not be too long.
          Meanwhile, have you tried using the CW mode as that can send macros also? At least it does for me.
          John
          Icom ic-7610, SPE 1.3K-FA amp, Hex beam at 12m, Butternut HF6V, 160m vertical helical wound and homebrew 40m/80m trap dipole.
          PC - Windows 10.
          Intel 4 Core i5-4460 CPU@3.2GHz, 8GB RAM,

Comment

Working...
          X