Data Files Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Files Location

OK, I searched but could not find an answer.
    Is it possible to move the full data files to another location?
    I would like to have the files on another drive.
    Ed N3UE
    Ed Wolf ~ N 3 U E
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

As near as I can tell, the amount of data stored in your local user file is minimal. The only big space user would be your log book and you can configure that to be located wherever you want. A lot of your personalized settings are stored in the registry.
    What data files do you have in mind?

Comment

the full HRDLLC folder, I would like to keep it on a different drive so when I wipe out the os (fairly often) I don't loose anything...
      Ed Wolf ~ N 3 U E
      Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie View Post
        OK, I searched but could not find an answer.
        Is it possible to move the full data files to another location?
        I would like to have the files on another drive.
        Ed N3UE
        Ed,

I'm pretty sure that is not possible ... The program has to know where these files are located ... There is no way that I have seen to tell the program where this new location would be ..

I suggest you do frequent backups of the data you are worried about or get another computer ! ... Set up the auto backup of the log in a remote location, and if you have a lot of Macros I would also back those up ...
        Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.6.0.236
        Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
        Access Data Base
        FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v2.1.1, JTAlertX v2.15.3, HRD v6.6.0.236

Comment

Working...
        X