Bulk QRZ lookup to back-fill missing data like Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk QRZ lookup to back-fill missing data like Name

After a contest, I export my N1MM+ log as an ADIF and import to Logbook - is there a way to bulk update from my QRZ subscription with details such as name, etc...?

Thanks, Howard
    WZ4K

http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com/for...ulk-qrz-update
    Ron, W3RJW

HRD v6.6.0.236
    Acer Aspire XC600, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.9GHz, 8 GB Memory, 64-bit OS, Windows 8.1,
    Access Data Base
    FTdx-5000+Timewave Navigator Interface/FTdx-3000+SignaLink USB Interface, .. WSJT-X v2.1.1, JTAlertX v2.15.10, HRD v6.6.0.236

Comment

I completely understand what you're asking for. I had asked Fred at QRZ.com if he would support this. The answer I got back was that QRZ did not want to support bulk update because of concerns about performance of the QRZ system.

I'm aware, however, that other software will do this. I'm not sure how they're doing it or why they're allowed to do that. But I do think it's an important feature that we should have.

FURTHER...

I sure wish that the makers of N1MM would include the numeric country number (unfortunately known as the DXCC numeric). Without that number, it's really hard to determine the difference between K1N (Navassa) and K1N (ARRL Field Day station) when we try to import it. Using country name or parsing the call for prefix lookup is not a reliable method for doing this.

I spoke to the N1MM folks at one point. They told me "we're a contest software... not a DXCC awards tracking software." Well, that's fine. But they're also not a CQ Awards tracking software, but they export CQ zone numbers. FWIW - we really need them to include this country numeric in their export. Otherwise, the imported country will never be very accurate.
      Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
      Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
      Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
      9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
      Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
      [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
      CW Honor Roll (289)
      SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
      Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
      Mixed Honor Roll (176)
      CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
      Mixed Honor Roll (953)
      CW (562)
      SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
      Yaesu FTdx5000MP, Yaesu Quadra System, microKEYER II
      Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:
      Yaesu FT-857D and Digikeyer II

Comment

SOLUTION! I have written an application that takes an existing ADIF file, then adds info from QRZ.com and writes it out to a new ADIF. Requires a QRZ subscription (XML or higher). I just talked with Fred at QRZ and he is fine with this. It processes about 3 callsigns per second. I have been using it with ADIF exported from N1MM+ for about 6 months now and the data transfers nicely.

Suggestion when importing the resulting ADIF into HRD: Turn on all the options (compute DXCC from callsign, update country name, insert local station info). Then there should be few problems with setting the right country, other than what Mike has already mentioned above.

Consider this a beta version. Feedback invited via email and I'll see what I can do to improve it.

Distributed as an .exe file in a .zip archive that contains the app, a readme file, and an initialization file. Read the readme file! You must download the LabVIEW 2014 Runtime Engine from National Instruments before running. This version should run under any Windows version but I could also build a Mac version.

http://www.wb9jps.com/Gary_Johnson/A...F_Plus_QRZ.zip

Gary NA6O

Comment

That solution works perfectly..Thanks Gary
          Norman G4AYU

Comment

I had the same issue dealing with N1MM+ logs from contests and importing to HRD. I wrote my own Windows program to do the merge. See http://k2dt.net/software

Comment

Brilliant solution from k2dt. Thanks.

Comment

Adif Extender : Another free tool to extend adif file with QRZ content : http://pa4r.com/digital-qsl-creator/

Comment

Working...
                X