Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX Cluster Spot Filter

Hi, Wonder if anyone can help here.

Have set up my spot f​ilters for selected bands and modes in DX Cluster options which work great, but if I try and make one with a Callsign filter it just doesn't work!
    It works if I edit in a single callsign but if I edit in a range it shows no match in test and nothing at all on the cluster? I followed the instructions (I think) to insert callsign filters and tried several different variants without any luck.

The range I was trying to put in was to cover the HA ITU Conference Special Event Calls (HA1ITU, HG1ITU etc) so I could pick out the ones I needed to work, the filter was typed thus: H[AG][0-9]ITU and I tried wild cards etc etc etc but couldn't get any to work even though there were said spots on the cluster that met the filter criteria?

Any help please? Am I entering the filter wrongly?

Many thanks and regards to all

Jerry G0UII
    Jerry, G0UII

ASUS Sabertooth FX990 R2.0
    ​AMD FX8350 4.0GHz
    16GB RAM
    AMD Radeon R9 270 2GB Graphics
    MS Windows 10 Home, 64 Bit, (Latest Version Update)
    MS Office 365, 32bit, (Latest Version Update)

2 x Yaesu FTDX5000MP's to HRD via 2 x Microham MK II USB Interface's, (Microham Router Software USB Driver / Eltima Virtual Serial Ports)

Yaesu FT-991 to HRD via USB, (Yaesu SCU-17 USB Driver / Silicon Labs Virtual Serial Ports)

HRD Version: 6.5.0.199 (MS Access Database)

Forgot to mention I'm using HRD Version 6.3.0.429
    Jerry, G0UII

​AMD FX8350 4.0GHz
    16GB RAM

2 x Yaesu FTDX5000MP's to HRD via 2 x Microham MK II USB Interface's, (Microham Router Software USB Driver / Eltima Virtual Serial Ports)

Yaesu FT-991 to HRD via USB, (Yaesu SCU-17 USB Driver / Silicon Labs Virtual Serial Ports)

Comment

Callsign filters are broken.

See Mantis 1739:
      http://bugs.hrdsoftwarellc.com/view.php?id=1739
      Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
      Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
      Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
      9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
      Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
      [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
      CW Honor Roll (289)
      SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
      Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
      Mixed Honor Roll (176)
      CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
      Mixed Honor Roll (953)
      CW (562)
      SSB (569)

Fixed Station:
      Yaesu FTdx5000MP, Yaesu Quadra System, microKEYER II
      Icom IC-910

Mobile Station:
      Yaesu FT-857D and Digikeyer II

Comment

That old one...

I placed a support ticket 06/03/2015 2:13 am Ticket #167946
        Spot filter still broken and some minor problem with the alarm. Notised this first time when upgrading to 6.2.9.353, the error remain on 6.2.10.377.

Note: The troubleshooting described in the attached file is done on a PC with Windows XP and 6.2.10.377. I have confirmed on a PC with Windows 8 that both alarm and spot filter is ok on 6.2.8.322, 6.2.8.323, 6.2.8.324 and 6.2.8.330. With 6.2.9.353 then both the spot filter and the alarm broke, with 6.2.9.354 the problem still existed. I dont want to install 6.2.10.377 on the PC with Windows 8 until there is a fully function version of HRD since I use Alarm and Spot Filter a lot!

-----

Supportteam 06/18/2015 1:48 pm
        HRD is now supported ONLY on computers running Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1 and will be supported on Windows 10 when the full version is released.

-----

Supportteam 06/18/2015 10:42 pm
        It has been confirmed that the trouble you have reported is a bug in our software. It is entered in our bug tracking system as bug tracking #1739.
        We are closing this trouble ticket.

-----
        -----
        Krister, sm2oww
        Yaesu FT-1000MP MARK-V + Yaesu FT-847
        Windows 7 64-bit on Intel G2030 3GHz, 8GB ram, 2 x GeForce 210, 300GB+1TB

Comment

UPDATE 4:
          Restored your original filter with the 999 mod and it's hitting on the A's and G's all numbers just fine. Don't know why it didn't hit on the G's before, but it is now.

UPDATE 3:
          It appears to be hitting on all the calls you wanted after I put the "-" between the A and G. I have seen several HA's and HG's with different numbers in the call so far, But it did NOT highlight HA150ITU or HA5BPITU as they are outside your parameters. Of course HA and HG are Hungary, but HB and HE are Switzerland, but they don't have ITU following the number. I changed [0-9] to [0-999] to see what happens.

UPDATE 2:
          Apparently your filter only works with the first variable "A". Today HG8ITU and HG3ITU calls are not being highlighted. Changed your filter to H[A-G][0-9]ITU to see what happens.

UPDATE 1 - JERRY:
          I did a copy and paste of your filter ( H[AG][0-9]ITU ) into my HRD DX Cluster and it just now highlighted HA7ITU. Will have to wait and see if it highlights all H calls or what. Will keep you posted.

--------------------

Simple call filters DO work. I've used several similar to this one for the 13 Colonies each year.
          K2[A-M]|WM3PEN|GB13COL|W1G
          It properly notified me of any K2 between A and M as well as WM3PEN, GB13COL and WiG as they were spotted.

Then as I work the various stations, I disable the first one above and enable this one and just delete the letter(s or /calls that I've worked.
          K2[ABCDEFGHIJKLM]|WM3PEN|GB13COL|W1G

I have about 15 call sign filters of various kinds that all work as expected. But what I've been trying to get to work is an anycall with /B (for beacon stations), but have been told that as in above comment from Mike (WA9PIE) and others that "call filters are broken". Apparently only some of the call sign syntax filters work as expected while others and the wildcard for anycall do not. Something like " .*/B " (dot splat slash B) would be what I'm looking for, or maybe "[AAA-ZZZ][0-9][AAA-ZZZ]/B".

The "Test" match button function was somehow broken a few releases back. It used to work.
          Last edited by WB5JJJ; 10-21-15, 19:42.
          --------------------------

Windows 7 Pro (64bit) on a Dell 755 Duo with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb Kingston SSD
          2 - Dell 1708FB Digital HD Monitors (Rig Control on left and Logbook on right)
          Current version of HRD unless I see problems with it.

ICOM IC-7410 to HRD via USB (on AS 6-Pack)
          ICOM IC-7000 to HRD via USB (currently mobile)
          ICOM IC-718 to HRD via Serial (on AS 6-Pack)
          ICOM IC-745 poor guy doesn't know what USB, HRD or CAT commands are (on a center-feed wire via LDG AT-11)

Diamond X-50 at 35' for 2m & 70cm
          Mosley TA54-XLN-6 (7 elements) @ 30' for 20m thru 6m (WARC included)
          M2 6m5-HP @ 35' for 6m (+2 S-Units over Mosley and lower noise levels)
          Inverted "V" @ 30' for 40m & 20m
          Center-Feed Longwire for everything else
          Little Tarheel II Screwdriver for 80m thru 6m mobile using West Mountain TARGETuner

LDG Electronics AT-11 Automatic Tuner (for IC-718)
          MFJ Electronics MFJ-901B Manual Tuner (for IC-745)

Array Solutions 6-Pack Antenna switch (2 radio inputs & 6 antenna inputs)

Yaseu D800SA Rotor controlled by HRD via an Easy Rotor Control (ERC) adapter card

I upload to eQSL & HRDNet automatically in HRD. LoTW, ClubLog, QRZ.com DAILY and send my cards to the Bureau MONTHLY.
          Why doesn't everybody do this? It's so much easier than having to work through hundreds (or thousands) of log entries once or twice a YEAR.

Licensed in April 1973.
          Retired July 2011.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys.

Didn't actually trawl through all the previous tickets so hadn't realised it was already highlighted as broken, apologies for that one.

Will alter the​ filter as per WB5JJJ with the 999 mod an see if it works for me.

Thanks once again for all your info

Regards Jerry G0UII

Version: 6.3.0.429
            Jerry, G0UII

​AMD FX8350 4.0GHz
            16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by sm2oww View Post
              That old one...

I placed a support ticket 06/03/2015 2:13 am Ticket #167946
              FYI

Mantis is where we track bugs. The support ticket system is where we provide support (only a small percentage of them become bugs). So they're different systems for different purposes.
              Mike, WA9PIE

_ . _ . _ _ . _
              Ham since 1974 (WN9PIE)

DXCC
              Honor Roll (332/340 Mixed)
              9BDXCC (160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10)
              Challenge (1,696), CW (305), Phone (286)
              [Granted are the only ones I count]

DX CQ
              CW Honor Roll (289)
              SSB Honor Roll (275)

CQ WAZ
              Mixed, SSB, CW, 5BWAZ

CQ DX Field
              Mixed Honor Roll (176)
              CW (106), SSB (108), Digital (50)

CQ WPX
              Mixed Honor Roll (953)
              CW (562)